READY TO ROLL?
Here are a few FAQs to consider before joining The SKEE League
1. DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT SKEEBALL?: You most certainly do NOT. Haha. Common misconception. This is a fun and social league. Yes, we have some talented and experienced rollers. There’s just as many if not more people who simply enjoy drinking, playing skeeball and hanging out. The competitive aspect makes the matches intriguing, but making friendships and having a good time are at the core of everything we do.
2. WHO IS CURRENTLY IN THE LEAGUE?: Per our social media analytics, The SKEE League has a near identical ratio of 50% male and 50% female rollers, with 72% falling within the ages of 24-34 yrs old. That said, anyone over the age of 21+ years old is welcome! We do not discriminate on age, gender, sexual orientation, height, weight, social class… you name it. This is a safe and welcoming environment, and all that is required is a sense of camaraderie and a mutually showing of respect for all fellow rollers. #EqualOpportunitskee
3. ARE THE FORMATS THE SAME AT EACH LOCATION?: Nope. We change things around from time to time to keep things fresh and interested. Make sure to read each location’s format description so you know what you are getting into!
4. DO I NEED TO SHOW UP? ARE SUBS ALLOWED?: Yes, subs are allowed and we offer makeups. However, a HUGE part of what makes The SKEE league a unique experience is getting to know your fellow league members and tracking your stats and accomplishments over the course of the skeeball skeeson. We just suggest that you let us know in advance your scheduling conflicts so we can assure your opponents have a match. Additionally, if you know that you are going to miss more than three of the scheduled league nights, a 3-5 person team location is probably the best fit for you.
5. WHY DOES THIS LEAGUE COST MORE THAN MY DODGEBALL/SOFTBALL/VOLLEYBALL, XYZ LEAGUE?:
Short answer = Investment. We invest a TON of time, energy and resources to go above and beyond standard league management. We also invest in your experience. We create nicknames, send skeemails, keep track of individual and team stats, hold regular prize challenges and mystery rounds. We invest in high quality shirts that don’t feel like sandpaper and championship prizes you’ll actually want to take home. We invest machines that cost upwards of $6,000.00 and let you hurl projectiles into them at high speeds then invest in service techs to keep them operational. Bottom line: don’t take our word for it. You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who has participated in The SKEE League and didn’t feel they received a good value. 🙂
Anything we didn’t cover?Email SKEE@THESKEELEAGUE.COM and we’ll be happy to assist!