NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: ***FIRST ROUND IS FREE FOR NEWBIES!!!
WHAT IS “SKEE GOLF”?
SKEE GOLF™ is simply a variation of skeeball played with a golf-inspired scorecard we @The SKEE League concocted after lots of late nights trying to develop more fun and challenging skeeball competitions. Unlike a traditional game of skeeball where participants roll for high score, you’ll aim to hit the assigned target point cylinders in as few balls as possible!
The WORLD’S first SKEE GOLF™ Tournament will take place at Cheesie’s Pub and Grub Wicker Park (1365 N. Milwaukee Ave.), with Qualifying Rounds extending from July 2nd – July 11th, culminating with a Finals “Championship Round” on July 13th.
We’ve got a couple gigantic trophskees and some awesome summer-fun prizes courtesy of SweetWater Brewing to make things interesting. In addition, every participant who enters will automatically be entered into a raffle to win a FREE Skeeball Party for up to 30 people!
(Can’t make it to the Finals? We’ll still have some goodies for Top Qualifying scores!)
We’re really excited to get this idea rolling so we’re hoping you can join in on the fun!
EXAMPLE SCORECARD: TARGET CYLINDERS HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN.
(DON”T WORRY. WE’LL BE SURPRISING YOU WITH A NEW ONE FOR THE TOURNEY!)
- Anyone and everyone over the age of 21 can participate in our SKEE GOLF™ Tournament.
- All rollers with 5 SKEESONS of experience in the league or less will be considered (Rookskees), will be competing in their own flight against other beginners.
- Rollers with 6+ SKEESONS in The SKEE League (Pros) will duke it out with some tougher rolling guidelines amongst other experienced rollers.
- Enter as many times as you’d like, but only the the Top 8 scores/scorecards from each division after the Qualification Rounds will advance to the Finals Championship on Friday, July 13.
- Leaderboard will be created once play has begun, and updated on this site daily.
*HOW TO PLAY SKEE GOLF?*
(For the sake of clarity, the word “Hole” will be only be used to reference the 9 Hole Course/ sequence of targets. The skeeball “scoring holes” will be referred to as point cylinders.)
- A Full Round of SKEE GOLF will cost a maximum of $10, and take approx 45 mins for a group of 4 to complete.
- One round = 9 Holes.
- You have 9 balls (one skeeball game) to complete each Hole.
- Each ball = 1 stroke.
- It’s traditional golf scoring. Just write down how many balls it took you to complete each target sequence! Remember, you can hit the targets in any order.
- Once your round has started there are NO mullskeegans! (aka DON’T CHEAT!)
- Each Hole’s target point cylinders can be hit in ANY ORDER.
- If you accomplish your objective in less than the allotted 9 balls, feel free to use your remaining balls to practice.
- If you complete PART of the sequence for a Hole but NOT ALL OF IT, your score is automatically an 8.5. If you COMPLETE the sequence on the 9th ball, mark your score an 8. (You basically get a stroke freebie for completing the objective! Good for you!)
- Rookskees = All beginners (non-league members) roll according to the scoring from the RED tees.
- Pros = All experienced rollers (anyone with previous league experience) must follow the additional rolling guidelines marked with yellow stars and score according to the BLUE tees.
*WHEN EXACTLY CAN I COME TO ROLL?*
Cost is $10, but the machines will be set on “Free Play” during all reserved SKEE TIMES, so you’ll have a full 45 minutes of open rolling to complete your rounds.
Maximum of 4 roller per lane, and singles and pairs can be paired with other singles. We definitely encourage mixing and mingling. A SKEE League representative will be on hand to directly collect your scorecard (should you choose to submit one.)
Walk-ins welcome but reservations are strongly recommended!
*PLEASE make sure to include the time, date, and number of participants in your group when submitting your request. Max 4 participants per lane!
Full refunds/ changes offered with 24 hour notice.
SELF SCORE: We’ll also have scorecards on hand behind the bar at Cheesie’s just in case you aren’t able to attend during any of our hosted SKEE TIMES. It’s first come, first to roll on the machines – and the cost is still $10 per person, but you’ll just insert bills directly into the machine like usual to activate gameplay. We’re on the honor system, so once you finished your round and entered the required information just email a picture of your completed scorecard to Scores@skeegolf.com!
*We’ll respond and post your scores as soon as they’ve been verified!
This is all still very FRESH, but we’ll continue to edit and add to this list as prizes continue to be added!
1st Place Pro Division: SweetWater WindPouch + BONUS prize!
1st Place Rookskee Division: SweetWater WindPouch + Free SKEE Membership! ($170 value)
Runner Up – Pro Division: SweetWater Prize TBD
Runner Up – Rooskee Division: SweetWater Prize TBD
SKEElite 8 Finalists – Pro Division: SweetWater Prize TBD
SKEElite 8 Finalist – Rookskee Division: SweetWater Prize TBD
Q: HOW DOES IT WORK WITH TWO DIVISIONS? WILL THERE BE TWO CHAMPIONS?
Yes, there will be two separate champions to this event. One for each the Rookskee and Pro Divisions! Everyone has a fighting chance!
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS A TIE AT THE END OF QUALIFYING ROUNDS?
In the (likely) case of a tie, contenders will be ranked in the order in which their scorecard was submitted. The earlier you qualify, the better. Those with equal scores at the bottom of the list will be paired to “roll off” in a sudden death SKEE GOLF playoff Hole on Friday July 13th, until only 8 contenders remain. For instance, if 10 scorecards are tied with a score of 4 under par at the end of qualification, the final 4 entries submitted will be subjected to the playoff. Two will emerge from the playoff, leaving a final field of 8.
Q: HOW MANY TIMES CAN I ENTER?
As many times as you’d like, but only your top score will be posted on the leaderboard. Sorry, this isn’t like the pacman machine at the arcade where can have your initials as all the top scores.
Q: WILL YOU BE DOING SKEE GOLF EVENTS AT OTHER SKEE LEAGUE LOCATIONS?
That’s the plan! If all goes well this has the potential to evolve into it’s own league format, complete with hand-skee-caps, alternating courses, and cross-locational tournaments. The SKEE’s the limit!
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE A BIG GROUP? ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS?
There are definitely discounts floating around on our social media channels. If you are looking to schedule a large group, email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to work out scheduling and a volume discount!
*Technical Issues/ Support*
Skeeball machines can be weird.
We highly suggest making sure each machine contains 5 BALLS prior to the start of your game (there is a little window on the side of the lane you can peek into) and that the banner marquee is scrolling and ready to accept a new game. The machines take denominations of $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills, but you may mind find it’s easier to use singles and take it one round at a time.
If you experience any issues with the machine, please give us a call at 312-970-1381 and we’ll do our best to take care of it promptly!
For all other inquiries regarding the SKEE GOLF tournament, joining The SKEE League. or to inquire about booking a private/ corporate event, please email SKEE@theskeeleague.com.